Well, the error you have come across would look like this:Error 691: Access was denied because the username and/ or password was invalid on the domain.ORError 691: The computer you’re dialling in to cannot establish a dial-up networking connection. Check your password and then try again.It clearly mentions your user name and/or password is invalid. For the purpose of establishing a connection both information must be true and valid. But what if both of them are correct and still you’re receiving this error? Going through the same problem? If yes, this article is for you.1. Change Windows Logon Domain Options
2. Allow Unsecured Password
3. Repair Network Registry Entries
4. Disable IP Header Compression
5. Disable Modem/ Router CompressionChange Windows Logon Domain OptionsWindows Logon Domain options are displayed in the Dial-Up Connection Properties dialog. Before you dial-up to establish a network connection, please ensure that the so called “Include Windows Logon Domain” feature is disabled. Fix VPN error 691 as shown below:1. Click Start button on your Taskbar.
2. Click Control Panel | Network and Internet Connections | Network Connections.
3. Select your dial-up connection.
4. Click Network Tasks | Change settings for this connection.
5. Click the Options tab.
6. Disable following checkbox:
Include Windows Logon Domain
7. Click Apply | OK.Allow Unsecured PasswordUnsecured Password consists of commonly used words/ phrases. For example: 12345, baseball, iloveyou. These were examples of some unsecured passwords.Data security concerns have forced Microsoft to disallow unsecured password. This is a default setting. To fix error 691 you have to allow unsecured password. Configure dial-up connection settings in the manner given below:1. Open Network Tasks Settings dialog. (Repeat Steps 1-4 under “Change Windows Logon Domain Options)
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Check-up following checkbox:
Typical (recommended settings)
4. Under “Validate my identity as follows” frame, check-up following checkbox:
Allow unsecured password
5. Click OK to fix VPN Error 691.Repair Network Registry EntriesNetwork Registry Entries play a vital role while establishing a dial-up connection. Do scan and repair all errors belonging to the network Registry information. Correct networking information, and dial-up connection settings. Reset default values, wherever required.1. Download RegInOut System Utilities.
2. Install and run the program.
3. In the main user interface, click the “Start” button under “Registry Repair” category.
4. The Registry scan shall start. Please wait a moment.
5. After the scan is completed, fix all errors and invalid entries.
6. Reboot.Disable IP Header CompressionIP Header Compression is also known as Header Compression or Van Jacobson. Error 691 appears if you’re using IP Header Compression. Disable it as follows:1. Open Network Tasks Settings dialog. (Repeat Steps 1-4 under “Change Windows Logon Domain Options)
2. Click the Networking tab.
3. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/ IP), click Properties.
4. Click the Advanced tab.
5. Uncheck following checkbox:
Use IP Header Compression
5. Click Apply | OK.Disable Modem/ Router CompressionAvoid VPN error 691 by disabling your modem/ router compression. Here’s how:1. Open Network Tasks Settings dialog. (Repeat Steps 1-4 under “Change Windows Logon Domain Options)
2. Click the General tab.
3. Select your modem/ router from Connect Using frame.
4. Click Configure.
5. Check-up following box:
Enable modem compression
6. Click OK to repair VPN error no 691.
repair error,repair error 691,error 691,fix error 691,troubleshoot error 691